- Open the Doc, Sheet, or Slides link.
- At the top, click File Download as.
- Choose a file type. The file will download onto your computer.
- For spreadsheets, I suggest choosing Comma-separated values (.csv) which can be read and edited in any spreadsheet tool, including Excel and Google Sheets. Excel files (.xlsx) are great if you are working in Excel or to upload into your own Google Drive to use in Sheets.
Tip: To download a large Google Docs file as a .pdf file on Chrome:
- On your computer, open a Google Doc.
- At the top, click File Print.
- At the left, next to “Destination,” select Save as PDF.
- At the top, click Save.